Saturday, January 19, 2013

{ialsolovechocolate} SSAS "Musical Scrapbooks"

"Why don't you get rid of some of these CDs?" he asks, as he fumbles through the clumsy, black binder, containing outdated music that none of us listens to, anymore.

"I can't." I say.

"When I look through them, I'm taken back, to a specific time in my life.  Those discs tell my story.  It's like my musical scrapbook."


The odd thing is, it's not the happy CDs that I'm most connected to.  It's the harder ones.  The ones that would make people's heads spin, as they looked at the discs, then looked at the Kim in front of them.  It wouldn't make sense.  But there they are... representing a very dark, lonely and sometimes angry time, in my life.   And I can't let them go.  Not because I'm a martyr or masochist, but because in remembering the hard times, I also remember that God brought me through them.  That I am a stronger and hopefully wiser person, because of them.  Because of Him.

And those times should not be forgotten, even if it still hurts, in the remembering.


Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1b-3a)    


Click the link below, to hear some of the Saturday Sing Along Songs, that were on my previous ialsolovechocolate blog.  Though not quite as transparent as my CD collection, some still cause a palpable pull, inside my chest.

ialsolovechocolate Saturday Sing Along Songs {retro mix}

*Several song links are now broken, as the songs are no longer available on playlist.com.  Also, my apologies, in advance, for the Bjork song.  ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment