Sunday, January 20, 2013

{ialsolovechocolate} Sweet & Simple

As much as I'd like to post good-for-you/healthy recipes all the time, the truth is I'm a sugaraholic.

{hardcore}

Once in a while, I put fruit under my sugar, to make myself feel better.

As is the case with this breakfast treat.

Baked Grapefruit {Ruby Red grapefruit, sprinkled w/brown sugar, dotted with butter & baked at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes}  mmm...

The juice, sugar & butter will collect in the bottom of your dish, during baking. Do your taste buds a favor and pour this sweet & sour syrup on top of your grapefruit, before eating.  *You're welcome*
You could certainly take the grapefruit out, of the oven, as soon as it's warmed, but I prefer to wait till the pulp is nice and plump.
Looking for a good, color coordinated read?  Try "Experiencing God's Dream for your Marriage" We're working through this in Sunday School & it's been excellent!  {DVD & study guide are companion pieces}

I can't decide if the grapefruit looks really good or really gross, in these photos.  But trust me.  The taste is yummy-delicious.


Not many foods can look prettier, AFTER they're eaten.  Well done, Ruby Red.  Well done.


Next time, I'll tryyyyy to be good and give it a whirl with cinnamon & honey or maple syrup.  I'll let you know, if that satisfies my addiction, just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment