Monday, April 20, 2015

Lessons I've Learned Along the Way #7 (cancer/meals)

Lessons I've learned along the way #7.
*This suggestion was on the Today Show, this morning.  smile emoticon I like it!
Instead of asking "What can I bring for a meal?" Suggest a few things and let the person choose. 
There are so many other decisions to be made every day. Having the food choices narrowed down helps immensely! 
Here are some things to know if you're planning to bring something to my parent's house:
My dad is a "nothing fancy" meat and potatoes man. *He also loves chocolate and I'm not just saying that so I can raid his stash. Though, I probably will... 
My mom is allergic to the world. (gluten, dairy, cinnamon, soy, kale, anything processed. Organic is best.)
Having said that- there is a small army at their house at any given moment. So pretty much ANYTHING will work. We are used to having multiple options, to accommodate everyone's needs. Some of us prefer limited carbs and junk. And some live on it. lol Again- anything goes.  smile emoticon
Thank you to everyone who has helped us out in this way. My mom has mentioned how nice it is to not have to cook right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment