Monday, April 20, 2015

Lessons I've Learned Along the Way #8 (cancer/comfort)

Lessons I've learned along the way #8.
Comfort comes in many shapes and sizes. Bask in it, even if it doesn't make sense in that moment.
...
Our faith in God is what has carried us through this journey so far. We take comfort in the knowledge that He is in control and we leave the outcome in His hands. 
But there have been other forms of comfort that have popped up unexpectedly.
For example- my vehicle. (??)
I had been visiting my dad (Jack) in the hospital for several days in a row. It was my new home away from home. One night, as I walked into the parking garage, I saw my CRV standing alone amidst a row of empty parking spots, and I felt a sense of happiness. It was familiar... it represented home... it gave me comfort...
Since then I have tried to be very aware of the other forms of comfort that God has blessed me with.
The expected:
Family.
Friends.
Texts & messages of encouragement.
My "normal" routine.
Patient and understanding clients.
Philippians 4:13
Laughing.
Photography.
Creative brainstorming.
Chocolate. (Of course)
And the unexpected:
My yarden. 
Hot caramel apple cider.
TED Talks &  CreativeLive.
Friends who I am used to supporting, who now support me.
Alone time.
Clients who go the extra mile to do something special.
Helping others.
My gear.
Friends whom I've never met in person, who offer to help.
Photos from HalfBakedHarvest.
Breakfast.
Gathering herbs.
...
God may not literally put His arms around us in times of need. But I believe that He puts people and things in our paths to offer us a place of comfort. Embrace those pockets of comfort even if they appear in the form of a dusty CRV.

No comments:

Post a Comment